If you or someone from your loved ones have had Covid 19, then most likely you would like to know what can be done for a better and more effective recovery of the body after an illness at home.
First, let’s see what symptoms a person may experience after COVID-19:
- A person gets tired quickly, chronic fatigue syndrome appears.
- Sleep problems.
- Feeling of increased anxiety, depressed mood.
- Pain in muscles and joints.
- Forgetfulness, decreased attention, blurred consciousness
- Diffuse myalgia (muscle pain).
People who have had any kind of immune disorder before the disease, such as diabetes, hypertension, and simmilar, are at a much higher risk of post-COVID-19 diseases such as cytokine storms.
A cytokine storm is an “overreaction” of the immune system, which in response to a disease begins to work even more actively. In this case, immune cells – cytocoins – are released in such excess that the body begins to react in an unusual way. For example, blood pressure, body temperature abnormalities, sleep disturbances, cognitive impairments, fatigue, etc. If not taken with proper care, patients can develop very serious conditions such as lung damage, heart damage, etc
What are the tips for post covid treatment with Ayurveda?
With its centuries-old herbal recipes, Ayurveda suggests to treat the imbalances of the doshas in the body.
The goal of the Ayurveda treatment is to detoxify (clean) the body and to balance it’s doshas with herbal dietary supplements.
Here are a few Ayurvedic tips that you can implement in your life to keep the body balanced and strong.
Ashwagandha – helps the body adapt to various types of stress (adaptogen), rise stamina and general well-being, strengthens the nervous system and calms it.
Chyawanprash is a balanced combination of different herbth that are mixed in a tasty jam to have everyday – it strengthens the immune system and respiratory system.
Triphala – eliminate toxins from the body mostly by cleaning the intestine and hence – blood, helps regulate excess pitta, which can be the reason for: excess generation of heat in the body, acid reflux, gas, indigestion, inflammation of the joints, nausea, diarrhea or constipation, irritability, bad breath, body odor, excessive sweating etc.
Amrit Kalash – strengthen all the organs of the body, detoxify and heal the body from inside, boost the immunity.
Shatavari – strenghten the muscular system.
Ayurvedic Panchakarmas therapy – cleans the body, reduces toxins. Abhyanga – whole body massage with lukewarm sesame oil followed by swedan (whole body steaming) – the best use of Ayurvedic treatment – detoxifying procedures.
Try to avoid fried and spicy food.
Breathing techniques – yoga and pranayama remove lactic acid from the body – eliminats fatigue.
How to manage health after Post COVID-19 at home?
- Take immunity boosting Ayurvedic supplements.
- Drink warm water throughout the day (if not contra-indicated).
- Practice yoga pranayama and meditation.
- Try to make light actions like house work or work. Proper Balanced and nutritious diet (easy to digest freshly cooked).
- Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol.
- Take regular medications as advised for Covid.
- Do self-health monitoring at home(temperature, blood pressure, sugar, pulse oximetry etc.
- In case of persistent dry cough/sore throat, do saline gargles and take steam inhalation. The addition of herbs/spices for gargling/steam inhalation. Cough medications should be taken on advice of a medical doctor or qualified practitioner of Ayush.
- Always look out for early warning signs like high grade fever, breathlessness, Sp02 < 95%, unexplained chest pain, new onset of confusion, focal weakness etc.
- Sleep well.
- It is very important to follow a post covid-19 regimen along with maintaining a positive state of mind to heal completely. Herbal alternative treatment helps the person to strenghten the health and prevent it’s problems, hence the consumption of Ayurvedic suppliments should be constant (or by courses as prebscribed).
To find out what Ayurvedic products are for you write us your problem and get a written statement from a certified Ayurveda doctor.
With love from India,