This herb is bitter and astringent in taste, light and dry in nature and cool in potency. Bark, leaves, seeds and flowers are essential used parts of this plant.
– Seeds are the best ayurvedic remedy in treating amebic dysentery and chronic diarrhea.
– Is also useful for treating various gut related problems in small infants. It is used to kill harmful worms of the intestine.
– It helps to stimulate the immune system and to repair damaged body cells, is best rejuvenating agent.
– Is very useful for treating urinary tract infections.
– Kutaj Bark powder is a herbal remedy to treat bad mouth odor, bleeding and swollen gums and also cure other dental issues.
– Kutaj is also anti-diabetic in nature and helps to reduce raise level of sugar in the blood stream. It also helps to regulate the secretion of insulin in the body.
– Is also used to treat various skin conditions like eczema, scabies, fungal infections, and leprosy.
– This herb is also known to reduce pain, inflammation, and stiffness of joints and it is a beneficial herb for the sufferers of arthritis and gout.
– It helps to combat with chronic constipation and also used to treat indigestion, sour blenching and distention of abdomen.
Cautions: Holarrhena Antidysenterica/Kutaj does not have any reported side effects, however it’s bitter taste may induce vomiting or nausea in some people.
There are no adverse effects reported in pregnant and lactating women with Kutaj bark and seeds.